Alta Vista Elementary School 1514 E. 16th Street, Cheyenne WY 82001, PH: 307-771-2310 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Alta Vista Community,
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the 2022-2023 school year at Alta Vista Elementary! I am very excited for another great year with all of you – some new and some old. The educators in our building have been working extremely hard to prepare for the first day of school on Wednesday, August 24th! Please know that we cannot succeed without you and your support of what is best for your student(s). Attendance is going to be critical for your students’ success and growth here at Alta Vista.
I want to share a few reminders regarding school operations as we have made some changes for the 2022-2023 school year.
- 8:00 – 8:30 Breakfast will be served in the cafeteria
- Universal Breakfast – Free for all students
- 8:00 – We would like students to enter through the front door that is labeled 1 this year and not through the gates
- 8:15 – 8:25 – Students will go outside for our first morning recess
- 8:25 – The bell will ring for students to line up and head into the school where the teachers will greet them and walk them in
- 8:35 – Tardy Bell will ring
- 3:35 – Dismissal, students are to go home directly after school unless there is supervision from parents/guardians. Students may come back at 4:15 to play on the playground
We know how exciting and nerve-racking it can be for our PreK and Kindergarten parents for their very first days of school! If you are a parent of these students, you may drop your student(s) off at 8:30 in the PreK or Kindergarten rooms for the first three days. If they are eating in the cafeteria we will have you drop them off at the office. We understand that it is difficult to see your students off for the first few days of school! I promise they will be in good hands with our staff!
Please know we want to make sure your students have a successful, fun, and engaging school year! We can only do this if we work together as a team to ensure the best for your student(s). Be curious, kind, and open with your communication with our staff this school year – we are excited for the growth and development of your student(s).
If there are any questions or concerns that I can address, please feel free to contact me at any time.
See you soon!
Brook Yearsley, Principal
Alta Vista Elementary School