Welcome to the Pack!
Alta Vista Student Council is asking for help in re-stocking the shelves of the East High School Food Pantry!
Please bring in :
Non-perishable food items (mac & cheese, tuna, rice, pasta, cookies, crackers, granola bars, peanut butter, jelly, canned fruits or veggies, cereals, soup, canned chili, gum...)
Hygiene items (toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, band aides, deodorant, hair brushes, hair ties, razors, chap stick, dental floss...)
Other small items: adult socks, gloves, hats, scarves, pillowcases, pens, pencils, paper...
Love and Logic
Alta Vista Elementary w
with Mike Knipper, Amy Peterson and Jenny Rockhold
Parenting the Love and Logic Way
Learn how to:
* Avoid power struggles
* Stay calm when kids do upsetting things
* Set enforceable limits
* Avoid enabling and begin empowering
* Help learn from mistakes rather than repeating them
* Raise kids who are family members rather than dictators
And much more!
This parenting program is designed to give you practical skills that can be used immediately!
Dates: Tuesday evenings starting February 7- March 21, 2017
Time: 6:00-7:00 PM
Location: Alta Vista Library
Cost: $12 per family
For more information on how to register for this class please contact the office
Boy's basketball practice will begin Jan. 4. Practice will be Mon.-Thurs from 3:35-4:35. Game times and places can be found on the Alta Vista calendar link. Please make sure your student has a ride to a from games.
* Wolf families take care of each other.
* Members of the wolf pack help raise the pups and care for elderly members.
* Wolves communicate through vocalizations and body language.
* At Alta Vista we are respectful, responsible and safe. We also, take care of each other and use positive ways.
Alta Vista Elementary is proud to have its very own wolf! CLICK HERE to find out more about McKinley and find out how you can help keep him happy and healthy!